Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Big Three-O

As the anniversary of my third decade on this planet gets closer I'm finding myself going through a lot of the sort of self-examination that usually comes with the arbitrary milestones we often assign ourselves. I was going through an old box of stuff I wasn't quite ready to throw away yet when I came across the only evidence of my last time-based milestone.

So here, for your viewing pleasure, is me at the ripe old age of 21. I'm enjoying my first legal drink of alcohol on a Monday night in a small town with my very good friend Erica (who will always be in my life in some capacity or another), she was willing to join me in the little hole-in-the-wall gay bar that served what passed for the queer community on the slowest night of the week. I'm comforted by the fact that my hairline was just as receded then as it is now. Huzzah for vanity!

4 Comments:

Blogger Zeroes said...

I've actually never been much of a birthday celebrater myself. Having your birthday fall on the week that the credit card bill for the rampant christmas chopping arrives on has meant that the celebrations were often very lean come birthday time (not that my mother ever made the birthdays that I would submit to anything but wonderful, god bless her patient heart). So yeah, I nearly feel your pain when it comes to not being much into birthdays, but I figure every decade that I can put behind me with no convicted felonies or cleverly disposed of bodies is a pretty good thing.

1:56 AM, September 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really cute.
-Nate

12:25 PM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger zortnac said...

Gosh but there's a resemblence to Kelsey in that picture.

3 cheers for our hairlines, may they remain steadfast.

1:39 PM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you look so hot. I wish I could get in a time machine and go back to when you were 21 and sleep with you. I guess I will just have to settle for sleeping with you when you are 30. It is a sacrifice I am totally willing to make. Eager, even.

2:40 PM, October 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home