Saturday, October 14, 2006

iSuck

Recently iTunes came out with a mandatory update. It's one of those updates that you don't technically have to download, but the program screams at you like a wailing toddler every time you access it until you finally submit to it's infantile tantrums and just download the damn update. What the updater failed to warn me was that it was a complete program overhaul. What was once a nice quiet program that played my music when I needed it to and burned a few CDs once in a while has hit puberty and turned into a cantankerous beast that eats up inordinately large amounts of my processor speed for no discernible reason, and has decided that the large spacious drive I installed it in is not to it's liking and has planted itself in my already overburdened C drive causing my entire computer to turn into a sluggish beast whether iTunes is running or not. The fact that my nice little music player has sprouted a multitude of annoying bugs like acne on a grease-fryer's face isn't helping what has become a very strained relationship.

My short patience with technology is compounded by the fact that we recently updated the POS at work which was basically like giving our completely functional register system a lobotomy. The tech geeks who sullied our baby have spent the last month trying to get the system back to where it was before they violated it. So far, I haven't seen anything I'd call an upgrade.

Why must geeks constantly seek to fix what was clearly not broken?

On the plus side, with the weather turning to snuggle temperatures my bar business is picking up. It turns out a cave is less depressing when it's not sunny outside anymore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zeroes said...

I like to think that it's the little bit of love and the 5+ miligrams of heroin that I put into all of my cocktails that keeps them coming back for more. That or the fact that I put out for tips. Hm, now that I think about it, it's probably the putting out that does it.

11:34 PM, October 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home