Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A-Wandering I Went

I bring you news from not-so-far-off lands. Wild tales of inexplicable oddities waft from my lips into the waiting ears of those two or three of you still checking this site that I've left to grow fallow in my mental meanderings. Suffice it to say, I've been busy.

As of late, I've taken up semi-rabid sporting fandom. Don't worry, I won't be painting my face in the colors of my favorite team while vomiting cheap-labor made fan nostalgia all over my apartment in order to show my team spirit. Well, probably not. However, these girls are impossible to watch without becoming obsessively entranced by the siren's call of their cat-like prowess and nigh-invulnerabilty in the area of high-speed impacts. Despite the reputation of it being a bunch of slutty girls beating each other up while wearing roller skates, the Rose City Rollers roller-derby tournaments feature some of the best sportsmanship I've seen in any athletic event in far too long. They only dress slutty.

Speaking of dressing like a two-bit tramp; a one Mr. Zeroes has been seen publicly canoodling with a certain as-yet unnamed journalist in an assortment of low-class public venues. While no one's picking out china patterns just yet, nights alone seem to have become a thing of the past for the time being.

Speaking of happy new developments: I feel it necessary to inform you all that I am writing all of this on my brand-spanking-new MacBook Pro. I won't lie to you guys, it's like someone mated a puppy with a kitten and then stream-lined the amalgamate beast into a telepathic bunny rabbit that anticipates your every move and counters with happiness. I am quite pleased.

Expect more regular updates now that I can blog from work as long as my boss isn't paying too much attention. Now I just have to find a way to sneak my scanner and stylus pad into the gay bar.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoorah! I was beginning to wonder when something new would come from you. To find you like Roller Derby makes the event even better.

5:46 PM, August 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home