Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Word me baby, word me hard.

As an avowed lexophile I'm constantly searching for new and bizarre words, but every now and then I come across a word that is clearly not real yet utterly perfect.

I bring to you two such words:

Husbear (noun) huz-bair: In gay male relationships, a significant other who is a "bear" (A term used by gay men to describe a husky, large man with a lot of body hair).

Howkward (adjective) hawk-word: When something is equal parts hot and awkward.

Feel free to leave your own suggestions in the category of fake words that are more fun to use than is sane or legal in most states.

-----

On a probably unrelated note Paulitico moved in a few months ago and we're nearing our year anniversary already. Being a grown-up is strange. Comforting and fun but strange.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to see "Howkward" used in a sentence to understand what can be equal parts hot and awkward.

One of my favorite fake words is "Poppacrombie." I have heard it used in the positive and negative. My friends and I lthink of it as being a good thing.

Poppacrombie (noun) – a gentleman over the age of 35 who is so physically conditioned and attractive, he can get away with wearing Abercrombie and Fitch at his age. Normally, people in this age group look ridiculous when wearing A&F, but Poppacrombies somehow make it work.

Poppacrombies should not be confused with Aberzombies, who tend to be vapid, 20-something, gym boys who constantly wear A&F. Aberzombies travel in packs to gay bars, where they stand and model in the hopes of gaining attention, free shots, and tablets of ecstasy.

1:47 AM, May 02, 2008  
Blogger Zeroes said...

To clarify:

"Wait, I've been unwittingly having hours of sex with my boyfriend's twin brother? ...howkward."

I will however attempt to insinuate poppazombie into my bartending lexicon within the week.

2:38 AM, May 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may be a little late to the party here but i don't think it's possible for anyone to look attractive in those clothes. It sounds like these older guys would look just as hot - if not hotter - if they just randomly snatched up threads at Red Light while blindfolded.

7:14 PM, June 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home